• Bukola Adisa

April 9, 2020 at 7:27 pm

Hi Ayo,

This is a great question and I think almost everyone is going through this at the moment given the unprecedented times we are living in. Here are my tips:

1. Be patient with yourself. These are not normal times. I read something on instagram the other day along the line of you are not working from home, you are at home in a crisis trying to work or something like that. These are extremely unusual times and it can’t be business as usual

2. Define your new normal: As much as we live in unusual times, still try and create some normalcy out of the chaos. So have some sort of routine- wake up, get dressed, eat , exercise, work, break, etc. have a schedule

3. Utilise to-do lists: This will help give you some structure and will help measure your productivity. I always say to people to attack the big stuff first and get them out of the way and then you can clear the easier tasks. Some say get the easy ones done first and power through the bigger ones using the boost you get from achieving something. Whatever works for you is fine,

4. Minimise distractions including email. We all habitually check emails but they are a huge time sucker. Close down emails and have set times for checking them. Same goes for WhatsApp, instagram, facebook, Twitter and even Linkedin. Have set times for checking them- a good friend uses a timer and once the time is up, the apps are locked away. You can lose hours going down a twitter rabbit hole!

5. Schedule regular breaks: it is a myth that the longer we work, the more productive we are. I like to work in short bursts of focused sessions followed by a break. Get outside for a walk- it recharges you. Also ensure you have a time for logging off at night and relaxing and celebrating the day’s work. For more help on this, check out the monthly masterclass section- March Masterclass was on healthy working from home tips to boost productivity and it came with an accompanying workbook which will help. All the best!

I NEED HELP WITH

Search any topic or instructor

We're constantly working on improving our search capabilities