AnonymousDeleted UserFebruary 26, 2020 at 1:42 pm
Unanswered Questions from last night’s webinar:
• If you apply for a job from a recruitment agency and based on finding out the company, it is not of interest (i.e. because the company is not in a sector you are interested in), how do you reject/withdraw your application politely?
• Can I ask for recommendations way after I have left the company?
• How would you advice people like me that have BA, PMO and Data analyst skills, would I not be limiting my opportunities if I stick to just one type of role in my summary profile writing?
• How do you maintain relationships with people on LinkedIn especially if you have a large number of connections?
• Thank you Patrick for your insight, can you share the apps that you’ve mentioned please?
• How do you link your passion to LinkedIn? I am a member of Rotary International and I would like to link it to my role for either a job change or to use my being a member of Rotary to gain recommendations.
• I get a lot of follow requests and job specs from recruitment consultants should I respond/follow to all?
• In terms of contributing content (articles / posts); would you recommend to only write around my career and the jobs I want to get, or can I also write about my passions which aren’t linked to my career?
• Does it particularly matter if you add many people outside your preferred job sector?
• Are there certain tweaks we need to make to your tips if we are in the age range of 18-21? (i.e Sixth Form, University)
• I’m an undergraduate. I write and I also have knowledge in coding(programming). How can I combine these skills on my profile and get offers in both branches?
• When you go to events, do you always post a notification about them and how?
I go to various events and I do not necessarily know If I should post them: e.g. workshop about accountancy at the Business IP Centre…