• April 2020: How to Job Search in Uncertain Times

Anonymous updated 10 months, 1 week ago 3 Members · 20 Posts
  • Anonymous

Deleted User
    April 10, 2020 at 2:58 pm

Everyday we hear of people losing their jobs, and how there are very few jobs out there. However, there are companies that are still hiring! If you want to know what your job search strategy should be in these uncertain times, register here for the ‘How to Job Search in Uncertain Times‘ webinar, where Bukola Adisa will be sharing on:

• Why your job search strategy has to change quickly
    • The companies still hiring
    • Skills that are in hot demand
    • Why you need to update your CV and Linkedin profile NOW, even if your job is safe.
    • The ONE thing we should all be doing to stay ahead of the curve

The Webinar will hold on Tuesday, 21st April 2020, at 7:00pm UK. However, you can leave questions for Bukola on this thread before and after the class. Your comments are welcome too.

• Anonymous

Deleted User
    April 22, 2020 at 5:58 pm

Hi Bukola, like you rightly said, a lot of people are losing their jobs and a lot of roles are at risk. This has led to a feeling of anxiety for most people. How do we overcome anxiety? Thanks

• Anonymous

Deleted User
    April 23, 2020 at 11:11 am

Hi Bukola,

How do you deal with the gap in your CV after covid?

Thank you.

• Anonymous

Deleted User
    April 29, 2020 at 12:26 am

Abi Ajibola:

How best do we describe ourselves? For someone changing roles to something new how do you get your cv to stand out with no experience

• Anonymous

Deleted User
    April 29, 2020 at 12:27 am

Tim Oyetunde:

I am a PMO practitioner with with experience in programme and portfolio management and delivery. i would really love to move into a delivery focused role…but I’m finding it tricky to switch, any advise?

• Anonymous

Deleted User
    April 29, 2020 at 12:28 am

Anonymous:

How do you pivot into a different sector, if some employers expect you to have experience of the sector you are applying for?

• Anonymous

Deleted User
    April 29, 2020 at 12:29 am

Alisha Raza:

How do you most convincingly justify an industry pivot to a recruiting manager

• Anonymous

Deleted User
    April 29, 2020 at 12:30 am

Olayinka Anthony:

I used a professional CV company and to be honest it was a horrible experience. Do you have anyone you can recommend or do you provide this service?

• Anonymous

Deleted User
    April 29, 2020 at 12:31 am

Olayinka Anthony:

What do you do when you reach out to your network but you don’t get any reply?

• Anonymous

Deleted User
    April 29, 2020 at 12:32 am

Cybill Smith:

Any advice for a graduate coming to the end of a graduate scheme who needs to decide what specific business area to go into especially during these circumstances. Some have said you shouldn’t be picky whilst some have said your first role after the scheme may define you’re career.

• Anonymous

Deleted User
    April 29, 2020 at 12:33 am

King S:

I am currently doing odd jobs in retail and working as a courier but I am thinking of going into IT with no experience. What would you advice?

• Anonymous

Deleted User
    April 29, 2020 at 12:34 am

Mathew Olatunji Akanbi:

In case when an employee has worked in the different industries , please i notice some recruiter do have think such employee are not consistent in career.

• Anonymous

Deleted User
    April 29, 2020 at 12:34 am

Lola A:

How do approach LinkedIn when you are currently in a role and your employer doesn’t know you’re looking? Especially with regard to adding in job titles we are looking for.

• Anonymous

Deleted User
    April 29, 2020 at 12:35 am

Anonymous:

I am currently getting furlough from my present job because I have worked there for a long period of time. I am looking for a new job, however, i am uncertain, as If I get the new job and circumstance arise that I get laid off. It would leave me stranded. Should I wait until after covid 19 to get a new job.

• Anonymous

Deleted User
    April 29, 2020 at 12:36 am

John Oridupa:

Hi Bukola, i worked with you in HSBC and I need your professional advice concerning my next role

• Anonymous

Deleted User
    April 29, 2020 at 12:39 am

Marceline Bongkishiy:

I am a founder of a non profit org, and I have no side job apart from projects on awareness I carry on the field in different countries especially in Africa and I organise health conferences in my area of interest. I would also like to look for a job in other health organizations working with projects on the field. Please me how to go about it, and how do I fight against fear.

• Anonymous

Deleted User
    April 29, 2020 at 12:39 am

Anonymous:

What sort of roles would be in demand after the COVID 19

• Anonymous

Deleted User
    April 29, 2020 at 12:40 am

Anonymous:

I am struggling with moving into a new job considering I have been in retail for a long time. How do i get experience and updating my CV

• Anonymous

Deleted User
    April 29, 2020 at 12:41 am

Youyang Li:

any suggestions for interview to compete with more experienced candidates?

• Anonymous

Deleted User
    April 29, 2020 at 12:42 am

Kingston Nwosu:

I have noticed a trend recently of roles that offer remote training after which you act an independent contractor. Therefore no base salary is included. What do you think about this?

Also, is it fine to include hyperlinks on CV?

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

I NEED HELP WITH

Search any topic or instructor

We're constantly working on improving our search capabilities